Essential Oil Burners & Scented Candles: Everything you need to know!
What they are and what they do – beyond scenting your home.
Not only a relaxing ritual and gratifying way to scent your home, but the use of an essential oil burner and scented candles can also deliver aroma-therapeutic benefits to the body and mind. Whether you want a specific oil or scented blend to uplift and invigorate, or one to set a calming ambiance, you can tailor the use of essential oil burners or scented candles to suit situations and set the scene for your mood.
Benefits of Scented Candles
- Scented Candles produce a lovely ambiance in any home or workplace. Try lighting a few candles at your home and see how it will make a difference in your mood, it will automatically induce a warm, cozy sense of well-being and an intimate atmosphere. Scented candles can also help you relax, feel less stressed, and more energized, and help your brain get into a more productive mindset. So, if you feel stressed before an important interview, meeting or presentation try lighting up a scented candle to your nerves and improve your confidence levels.
- In addition to that scented candles also help you focus during meditation exercises therefore having a scented candle burning when you’re meditating is a great way to enhance your mindfulness.
- A scented candle is also a crucial element in self-care, try to light up a scented candle while taking a bath or your favorite book and sense the exquisite feeling it will give you.
Tips for Candles
- For your scented candle to have a longer life span with you: When you’re using the candles for the first time, burn for at least two hours, or until the entire surface has turned to liquid wax.
- To maintain an even and clean burn. Trim the wick around 0.5cm.
- Try to only use the scented candle for 3-4 hours at a time
- Always keep scented candles in sight when in use. To avoid any fire
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Extinguish candles when leaving a room or before going to sleep.
- Please don’t hold your scented candle container until it cools down
- Always light candles on a heat-resistant and stable surface.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Never burn a candle all the way down. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the container.
- Let the candle container cool completely before touching or moving.
Benefits of Essential Oil Burners
- If you’re struggling with anxiety to poor sleep, you may want to consider burning essential oils.
- Essential oil burners are known to help decrease stress, headaches, and anxiety. Therefore, it will also make you feel more relaxed, less tensed, and calmer.
- Essential oil burners are also known to improve your sleep patterns so try burning lavender oil and watch your sleep quality get better.
Tips for Oil Burners
- Light up your oil burner between one and three times a day for up to a maximum of 30 minutes
- Fill half the oil burner bowl with water and 5-8 droplets of essential oils
- Keep Oil burners away from the reach of children and pets
- Make sure it placed on a stable raised surface
- Don’t leave the candle or the oil burner unattended because a naked flame can be dangerous. So, if you leave the room remember to turn off the candle
- Make sure the water doesn’t completely dry up whilst the candle is still burning so the oil burner container doesn’t burn
- Experiment with different fragrances
- Chose an essential oil that matches your mood
- When you bathe with essential oils, use the same oils in an oil burner in your bathroom. So, you can enjoy the full benefit of the oils